"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Friday, 18 March 2011

Logica CMG Option Contracts

I was "short" 5 x 140 March Calls (covered by 5000 shares in the stock). These contracts expired at 10.30 a.m today. The share price was 127.3p at the time. So I keep the shares because only an incompetent would buy the shares from me at 140p (the Call strike) when he can buy them in the market at 127.3p. And I keep the £316 that I received when I opened the contracts in October 2010.  I could now sell 5 more contracts in the June or September series at the same strike price (140p), but I will wait a to see if the shares  recover following the recent slide in the UK markets. At the present time I would get less than £30 per contract for the June 140 Calls and little more for the September 140's.  Watch this space.

Monday, March 21st. I renewed the 5 x 140p Calls which expired last Friday. I am now "short" 5 x 140p Calls in the September series, expiring on 16th.September. I received 6.25p per share for this opening sale. I have now paid 121.08p per share net of all expenses. The shares are valued at 133.6p at the present time, so even if I the Call contracts are assigned against me, I have an assured profit of nearly £950.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.