"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Saturday, 13 June 2009

Ominous Rumblings . . .

. . . heard on BBC Business News during the week!
American Banks are all set to pass their so called "stress tests". Basically, "How are your balance sheets looking now, boys, after the massive Bush/Obama injections of taxpayers money?"
"Why", the Visiting Expert asked, "will they all pass?" Because the banks, via their lobbyists on Capitol Hill, will tell Congresspersons and Senators "Make sure you set us tests we CAN pass, or you can kiss your funding of the next round of election campaigns goodbye!"
The Banks, Investment Banks, Insurance Companies etc, have won the "moral hazard" game for all time, and they know it. (Sorry about Lehmans, but somebody had to be made an example of.) They know they will be bailed out next time and the time after that, even though "it will be different next time" They now know - if they didn't know before the Crunch - that they are more powerful than Governments, than the IMF, than the World Bank, and the only "new" business model they will agree to is a rehashing of the one that unleashed mayhem last autumn. Hold on to your hats, folks. Last time it was subprime mortgages, CDO's and CDF's. Next time it "will be different" How? They'll give 'em different names.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.