"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Told You So . . .

Some things are so predictable that you can't claim you're clever because you predicted them! Here is an extract from Robert Peston's blog on the BBC Business pages today. He's talking about regulation of our financial institutions following . . . er . . recent dramatic financial events.

"What's striking is that both the British Treasury and the White House are not contemplating the kind of structural reforms of the banking industry that the US adopted towards the end of the Great Depression. There will, for example, be no formal prohibition on what the banks, insured by all of us as taxpayers, can do. Those big banks that are so big and important to the economy that they won't be allowed to collapse - well, those banks will still be permitted to engage in what the Governor of the Bank of England (no less) has described as "casino" banking in the wholesale markets."


And what about the FTSE Index? Tell us about the FTSE Index! It stands just now at 4306 - almost smack in the middle of my 1000 point Put to Call spread - and looking highly likely that I shall trouser the £2062 I got for "short" selling the contracts a month ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.