. . . my November short 5550 Calls when the FTSE kicked off this morning up yet again. The FTSE Index stood at about 5340 when I bought back the Calls for 2.5p (i.e. £25 per contract) Astute fans might be wondering why I redeemed these contracts when they were still 200 points "safe". Because the buy-back costs rise rapidly as the FTSE Index gets closer to the "strike price" Interested fans can check this out by examining the dealing prices on the Euronext pages. (Click on the LIFFE OPTIONS PRICES link above) The rises this month have been mostly on the back of the extraction and mining companies and oils. Net cost of this repurchase was £195.80p, reducing my pocket money on November trades to £1332.60p - see head of this blog. At 4.00pm, with the FTSE at 5365 and the Dow Jones Index in New York still rising, I opened December contracts, 6 "short" in the 4800 Puts and the same number "short" in the 5800 Calls. This sale netted £1268.40p, which will be my profit if the FTSE Index ends between 4800 and 5800 at 10.30a.m on 18th. December. That'll buy the Christmas Nosh, innit?
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)
"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)
Scroll down a bit for posts!
Some Useful Links
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
ICE Option Pricing Model. 15 minutes delay.
eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')
SILLY BLOG: This is Getting Very Silly
POEMS: The Doc's Homeopathic Poetry
TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup
My Open Option Contracts
(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)
FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014
(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014
(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.
Monday, 16 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.