"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Friday, 31 December 2010

Final FTSE of 2010

The FTSE Index of 100 leading shares ended the year at 5899.9, call it 5900.  This is well into the top half of experts' forecast (January 2010, see tables above posts), between the 5850 and 5930 predicted by Simon Marsh and Robin Greffen.  You may wonder why these investment experts made predictions across such a wide range of FTSE values - and whether Mr. Goldstein-Jackson sold off his portfolio in anticipation of the big falls in the Index which he. . . er. . . anticipated.  My conlcusion?  There's no such thing as an "expert" in this game. In fact, you can make a case from the little game we've been playing here that their "expertise" is positively dangerous to your financial health.  
Predictions for end-2012 will emerge in the weekend press Business/Money sections, so I will start the game again.  Bet the experts at the lower end of the forecasts here are hoping no-one kept a note of their predictions, hee hee!
Happy and Prosperous New Year to all my readers.

NOTE  A new range of FTSE Index predictions for end of 2011 is now shown above.  I will leave the 2010 predictions for a few weeks for comparison.  The 2011 predictions include one made by "Mr.Fox" (See below the table of FTSE predicted values above.) Readers are invited to suggest other techniques and methods for predicting future values of the FTSE, outbreak ot World War III, or anything else. No goat entrails, please. That's very old hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.