"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Thursday, 13 January 2011

January 2011 FTSE Index Options

I redeemed my 7 x 6200 Calls in the FTSE 100 Index this morning, paying 4p per "share" or £40.00 per contract (Lots of 1000 "shares"). Followers and fans who study the dealing prices on the Euronext pages will perhaps notice that towards the expiry date, the "buy back" prices of contracts for expiry "this month" are declining much more slowly than those for contracts expiring "next month."  Thus it is potentially more profitable to redeem "this month" contracts a few days before expiry, and sell "next month" rather than waiting till "this month" contracts finally expire.  

So I have trousered an overall profit in January of £1571.60p.  My contracts for expiry in February are 7 x 6350 Calls and 7 x 5400 Puts. These deals added £1584.80p to the account balance, and this is the profit I will make if the contracts expire worthless on 18th.February - i.e. with the FTSE 100 Index anywhere between 5400 and 6350 - presently at 6028.

2 comments:

  1. I have never traded options - wonder if you could go into a little more detail as to how this particular bet of yours works.

    cheers

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. John . . if you are genuinely interested in "Option Trading", you might be interested to hear about the Investment Club that I belong to which specialises in this activity (as well as investing in "normal" shares and Gilts.)

    Capitalised now at nearly £130,000. Founded August 2000. 16 members. Brokers - Savoy Investment Managment in London, nearest branch to yourself is in Marple. We enjoy excellent relations with their office in London.

    The Club is titled the "White Knuckle Riders" Investment Club, for reasons which I will leave you to guess!

    eMail me personally - trikkidikki@gmail.com and I will send you back copies of the Club's Articles of Association, Rules etc. I am, for my sins, the Club's Hon.Treasurer.

    All figures on this blog relate to my private investments and trades, quite separate and independent of the Club.

    ReplyDelete

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.