I am assuming that my holding of 5 "short" March 4500 Calls on the FTSE Index will expire worthless at 10.30 a.m. on Friday 20th. March 2009. FTSE presently - i.e 15 minutes ago, see below - at 3855. So I have sold-to-open 5 April 4350 Calls at £170 per contract, or £806.00p net of expenses. These expire on 17th. April.
(UK equity and Index options expire at 10.30a.m, third Friday in the month)
All live options can be traded at any time the markets are open. Equity options can be assigned at any time. FTSE options are (almost) all "european" style assignment, and can only be assigned at the time of expiry.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.