"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Monday, 16 March 2009

My stock option position(s)

Only 1.   Five (5) "short" Calls in the September 2009 series in  Centrica plc struck at 260p.  These calls are covered by 5000 shares bought last week at 240p.  If assigned on these Calls I make £1000.00p less the buy/sell commissions.  The contracts expire on 18th. September 2009.  There is an ex-dividend date in  April.  I took in £756.00p net of  expenses when I opened the contracts.  What are the possible outcomes?
1.  The Centrica shares - presently 246.5p mid price - stay below 260p on ex-dividend day and through to the contract expiry date.  In this case, I keep the £756, pocket the dividend, and keep the shares.  The downside is that the stock may fall below 240p and I am nursing a paper loss. In which case I sell further Call options in (say) the March 2010 series  and so recover (some of) the paper loss.
2.   The shares climb above 260p by ex-dividend day.  In this case I might be assigned by the counterparty who will buy the shares from me for 260p regardless of the market price, and he/she will collect the dividend.  I have then made £1000.00p less buy/sell commissions on the shares, and I trouser also the £760.00p I got for the Call contracts - which die whenever the counterparty assigns me.  Or -
3.   The shares are below 260p on ex-dividend day but climb above 260p by expiry of the contracts. I must sell the shares to the counterparty on his/her assignment for the agreed 260p. My take is then as 2) above, plus the dividend payment.
Note that the two parties to an option contract are mutually anonymous.  Neither knows who the other is.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.