. . . yesterday! I mowed the lawns! I sold 1750 Ashtead shares bought on 22/04/2009. This very short term hold yielded a profit - small in cash terms - of 259% when expressed as an AER%. Would I have been making this percentage rate if I had held the shares for a year? Better a bird in the hand. I put the sale proceeds into BT. The company will reduce it's dividend - some analysts said it would pass its dividend. Div. should be about 7% on the 97.5p I paid for the shares. I countered the run-up in the FTSE by splitting my 5 short contracts in 4500 Calls (May) into 5 x 4550 May Calls and 5 x May 4375 Puts - with the FTSE at 4520. Then I went to haircut the lawns. When this was done I returned to the laptop to find some expert in the European Central Bank had been raving about rolling the printing presses to create enough funny money to save the world. (Hasn't Gordie Brown already done that?) London responded by selling the FTSE down to 4380 putting my 2 hour old Puts under pressure. It's a funny old game, this Option Trading. Total take for May FTSE contracts now £1118.00 - but that now looks far from safe! Watch this space.
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)
"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)
Scroll down a bit for posts!
Some Useful Links
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
ICE Option Pricing Model. 15 minutes delay.
eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')
SILLY BLOG: This is Getting Very Silly
POEMS: The Doc's Homeopathic Poetry
TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup
My Open Option Contracts
(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)
FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014
(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014
(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.
Friday, 8 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.