"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)
"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)
Scroll down a bit for posts!
Some Useful Links
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
ICE Option Pricing Model. 15 minutes delay.
eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')
SILLY BLOG: This is Getting Very Silly
POEMS: The Doc's Homeopathic Poetry
TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup
My Open Option Contracts
(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)
FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014
(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014
(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.
Thursday, 7 May 2009
Option on U.K.Gilts . . .
. . . there aren't any! This is because bond markets are proper markets whereas equity markets are not. So the bond prices do not gyrate the way equity prices do. Bond prices move with interest rates and anticipated changes in the inflation rate (and approach to maturity) and to some extent with equities. Equity prices move with the weather, the vapourings of experts, the snapping of red braces and with the Masters of the Universe (including your pension fund managers) buying and selling them by the millions and tens of millions so that the bets they have made on their "futures" positions come out right. Equities go up because they are going up because traders can see lots of buy trades going across their screens, and go down because etc. . etc. Fear and greed rule the trade in equities so price fluctuations are sufficient to create a worthwhile market in derivatives (options). Many traders also use options to hedge their futures. Futures expire quarterly in June, September etc. Consult the Euronext pages to see the huge "open interest" options in these months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.