"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Historic Octobers


A RedBraced expert recently told us that "October . . is historically a weak month for equities." Worth checking, I thought. So I checked. The results are shown above. . My basis of calculation is - % change in the FTSE 100 between market close on the last trading day of September to market close on the last day of October in each year shown. We see that in this "historically weak month", the FTSE 100 Index has risen 19 times in 25, and has fallen in the other 6. The average change over all the Octobers since the FTSE 100 index was originated (January 1984) is only +0.29%. The maximum October gain was in 2002, when the FTSE 100 rose 8.55%. The biggest October fall was in 1987, when the FTSE 100 fell 26.1%. Now - this doesn't prove that RedBraces Angus talks through his hat, because we haven't compared this result with FTSE 100 performances in Januaries, Februaries . . . etc. And this analysis doesn't compare the FTSE 100 October performances with other indices, for example, the FTSE 250 Index or the FT All Share Index. Nor do we know what Angus would consider a "strong" performance. So in his own terms, he may well be right. But in my view the important thing to remember is . . . in randomly changing systems such as the FTSE 100 Index, the past is no guide to what will happen next, and your guess of where the Index will be at end October 2009 is just as good as the RedBraced oracles' . . . . or mine! Remember - if a consensus of experts COULD predict market movements reliably and accurately . . . there wouldn't be a market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.