. . . from the "Guardian", Saturday 26th. September. Here's a typical pronouncement from One Who Clearly Knows, to whit, Angus Campbell, Head of Sales at Capital Spreads. (Spread Betting.)
"It was a poor week for the markets, and the lack of any revival or concerted effort to recoup the losses so far doesn't bode well as we approach October which is historically a weak month for equities." Decode that. Check it against the facts. Like . . October 1987 was "weak" and so was October 2008. But what about all the Octobers in between . . . and now Angus has pronounced, do we better know where to strike our October FTSE Index contracts? If he means "last week", the FTSE fell 90 points. 90 points in a whole week! A fall of a gigantic, never-to-be-recovered whole 1.73%! Oh My Gawd! Give us a show, Angus - jump from a high window to celebrate the End of the Financial World. The Business Press and News is loaded with Anguses, whose guesses are no better than yours or mine. Opened short 6 x 5500 October Calls and 6 x 4500 Puts, expiring on 16th. October, receipts for these opening sales - £1018.40. FTSE just now at 5100.8
No comments:
Post a Comment
I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.