"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Public Spending Cuts . . .


. . . we are told - by all 3 political parties - will be necessary. This is because H.M Government has given so much of our money to our busted banks and to Sir Fred Goodwin. (because he needs more yachts, Lear jets and holiday homes.) Well and good! We are all enthusiastic socialists, and so must be prepared to tighten our belts so that the reckless rich can be made even richer. But how do we - or rather you, dear FellowBloggers - reconcile Public Spending Cuts with the appointment of Martha Lane Fox to the post of "Digital Inclusion Champion" (BBC Business News, 29th.September 2009, interview with Robert Peston.) I intend no criticism of Ms.Lane Fox. Far from it. She could probably combine the roles of First Lord of the Treasury and Chancellor of the Exchequer better than the present ambiguous and dithery incumbents of those high offices. (But it would be nice to know her "job description" and how much impoverished Public Spending is paying her to execute it.) If Ofcom can't tell BT and the ISPs to get their fingers out and lay down twentyfirst century broadband infrastructure, what can Martha do? The same interview brought tidings that the French Government has declared that internet connection is a "human right" equivalent to electricity and water. Gordie Brown was twittering along these lines not so long ago. Well, if that's what EU leading lights think, let them try the following experiment. Do without broadband for a fortnight. Then try doing without water for a fortnight. Then try thinking for a fortnight before you open your mouths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.