"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Friday, 22 January 2010

It's a Funny Old World!

President Obama announces his intention to restrain the antics of American B(w)anks.  He wants this group of eternally greedy, self-regarding billionaires to recognise and start acting on a simple idea. "Wall Street exists for the benefit of the American economy."  And not "The American economy exists for the benefit of Wall Street." And what happens?  Wall Street (via the Dow Jones Share Index) immediately falls 2%. Does this mean Wall Street disagrees with him, or does it mean the US economy disagrees with him?   In my expert opinion, which of course, no one ever takes any notice of, it confirms something I have long suspected.  The Dow Index, like the FTSE in this country, has no real connection to "the economy."  These market indices are actually a measure of how confident the financial institutions are that they can rip the economy off.  The markets have fallen because the people who decide what its level should be (i.e the B(w)ankers) are suddenly worried that a couple of noughts might get chopped off their bonuses. But of course, I'm just a tired old cynic who makes loads a' munni by taking no notice at all of financial and business news, and in particular, of Financial Advisers, who, whether independent or not, know no more about finance than you and I can learn by reading a few books.  So here's a piece of financial advice, for which I won't charge you an arm and a leg.  At the moment, Premium Bonds represent a good CASH investment for small(ish) amounts of yer spare loot.  And I'll tell you when this ceases to be true.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to trade my options, so I'm going to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again, Nessa. And thanks for joining my followers on this blog.

    I know that Traded Options and Futures can be dealt on the New York Stock Exchange, but I have never dealt in any of them myself. But techniques for trading them will be much the same as in UK.

    In the context of your post, I am not sure what your "this" refers to, but will be happy to help if I can.

    With best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand any of this financial blah blah blah so it's an odd choice of post to comment on but I am interested in people who like ranting and raving, so long as they aren't ranting and raving AT me. I liked the fact that r and r were the first things on your interests list. So Hello, Dr. F!

    ReplyDelete

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.