"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Friday, 1 January 2010

May 2010 . . .

. . . be the prosperous New Year we all hope for!  I renew my annual resolution, which I kept throughout 2009, to resolutely ignore the advice of anyone described by the BBC or any other organ of the British media as an "expert."  That way I might just maintain the winning run I enjoyed this year.  This Sunday (3rd.Jan.) is the day when these self-regarding and magnificently overpaid gals and guys give us their wildly divergent predictions - in the Business/Money sections of the broadsheets - of where the FTSE Index will be on Dec 31st. 2010. There will be a big spread of predictions as usual. Many experts will be wildly wrong. One or two will be somewhere near the mark by the Laws of Probability

I ALONE, The All-Knowing Doctor FTSE, can tell where the FTSE Index will be at the end of 2010! And don't you forget it.  Post a comment - with YOUR guess, if you like - and I will reply via eMail with my prediction.

In the meantime, here's a weblink that tells you about things much more interesting than the FTSE Index or Option Trading . . .

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. You have four blogs, and I wasn't sure about where I should reply.

    I always ask people who dish out awards how I could get my hands on one. I'm always being facetious. To be honest, having a Vice html banner on my blog is enough of an accolade at the moment!

    Thanks for reading. Which one of yours is the one I'm most 'meant' to read?

    PS: Do you read Trader Monthly magazine? I was tempted to send a copy to the Daily Mail in the weeks leading up to the G20 protests with red circles around the most greed-ridden articles. All vulgarity is crime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which one is most meant to be read? That's a tough one!

    This one of you're drawn to my cynical view of financial experts, b(w)ankers, greed, payola and the like . .

    The "Silly" blog if . . . well, the reasons escape me for the moment. Being barmy helps . . .

    The Poems blog if you enjoy writing/reading poems. Mixture of my own humble efforts - all have been published in "small" mags - and some I link to as examples. I've a theory that kids are introduced to poetry far too young in school. Much poetry only becomes meaningful when you've been through the mill a bit.

    "Something for the weekend, Sir?" is a team blog that C.J.Duffy roped me into. Grand lads, the whole team are. Great fun!

    Best wishes for 2010. I will become a follower next time I visit.

    I don't read Trader Monthly - but reassuring to see that my predictions on post "Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen" (this blog) were just about spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Doctor! Thanks for stopping by my page. Very interesting post you have here, I'll have to stop back by in the future! Ilkley, eh? You aren't a calendar girl are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No exactly, no. Although those noble, shapely ladies began their enterprise in Yorkshire, I'm a Lancastrian - t'other side o t'Pennines, lass - resident in Yorkshire by choice. Are you interested in Option Trading, or is it my vitriol and invective that you go for! Wait till you see my post(s) about the Financial Times estimates of where our Index of 100 Leading Shares will be on New Year's Eve, 2010.

    And thanks for stopping by. Please call again, XX

    ReplyDelete

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.