"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Leave It To The Experts!

15 of them have stuck their necks out and made predictions of where the FTSE Index of 100 Leading shares will be at close of business on the last trading day of 2010.  Note the range of affiliations. Investment Managers (IM), Investor Magazine Writers, brokers . .  to a man (where are the ladies, by the way?) they are all "financiers" or "financial experts", or something.  So how do they arrive at such widely diverging takes on that which they pretend they can predict? Clearly, the first thing to learn is DON'T TRUST THEM WITH YOUR MONEY - or if you must, trust only the one whose prediction is correct. (Er . .  er . . . there's a catch in that somewhere!)  You can chase the weblink above the table of predictions to the F.T webpage where these 15 sages "explain" why the FTSE Index will end up where they say it will even though it won't because they're all so different. Wake up, folks . . . NO ONE can guess the future. But I suppose these geezers have to do something to justify their telephone number salaries and bonuses-or-we'll-emigrate,-you-ungrateful-British-mugs.

Here are my thoughts on what the 2768 FTSE points minimum-to-maximum suggests.  First; whatever "economics" is, it is not a predictive science. For if it were, these predictions would surely be much closer together.  I suspect (but cannot prove) that economics would be a predictive science if it could distinguish "first order" from "second order" influences.  I suspect that the only influences that can be measured with any accuracy are "second order" ones, that have no real effect on economic outcomes.

How will I incorporate these all-over-the-place expert predictions into my option trading strategies during 2010?   Briefly, I shall ignore them. Taken as a bunch, they are meaningless. But I will leave them posted until next New Year, and we'll see who got closest.

My own FTSE prediction - remembering that mine will be correct? eMail me if you really want to know. (dr.FTSE@googlemail.com)

2 comments:

  1. I got a tenner 'stolen' from me last February by a guy posing as a trader who 'couldn't get home' or some shit.

    Being drunk made me open my wallet, youthful naivity made me believe that he'd 'pay me back' and that the number and office address he gave me were correct.

    Would you like to hear a joke about 'playing FTSE'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. All jokes gratefully received.

    I was 'conned' in a similar way on Euston station many years ago. My answer in future would be . . "Where is home? Come along to the ticket office with me, and I'll buy you the ticket . . "

    ReplyDelete

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.