"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Friday, 9 October 2009

Any Posties Reading This . . .

. . . remember . . . when you go on strike:-

1. NO MORE JUNK MAIL FOR WHILE, T.G!
2. I won't get my Christmas Cards, nor will I send any.
3. You won't get paid, with serious implications for Christmas Stockings etc
4. Your union officials will explain to you that they're not on strike, and in fact
are working harder than usual in defence of your jobs, pay etc and so . . .
5. They will continue to receive their emoluments . .
6. Lots of businesses that rely on sending and receiving mail will find other ways of doing business that don't so rely, and won't be there for you when strike is settled . . . but the best (or worst) is . . . OOPS!
7. Royal Mail could well be one of them!
8. There's always winners and losers, innit?

FTSE Index opened this morning at 5147, a few points down on last nights close, and I look like being one of the winners when the October options expire next Friday.

A lot of 1 through 8 above is ironic, of course. My postman is very friendly and helpful, and I often wonder how he feels, lugging a great sack of processed trees that he knows will be going straight into the bin . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.