"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Monday, 26 October 2009

Red Braces Think Alike . . .

FTSE 100 Index (Top)   and DOW JONES Index

 . . . on 26th. October 2009.   Wall Street (Dow Jones Index) opens at 9.30 a.m (Eastern Seaboard Time) or 1.30 p.m GMT.  I have superimposed the movements in the 2 indicices from Wall Street's opening.  Who's to say whether London tracks Wall Street or vice-versa - but note how the 2 indices move ABSOLUTELY IN LOCK STEP.  Every up or down in one is reflected in t'other index.  Note particularly the big slide on Wall Street at 11.30 EST.  I've said before that (in my view) the FTSE 100 Index has little relation to the British Economy.  These graphs suggest it has more to do with the American . . .  see why I take no notice of economic/business news . . .  (See foot of this blog for more of same . . . )

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment. I'm actually trying to work on a few leaks in my game and focusing a lot more on each session. I'm going to get a youtube video on the site of the progress I'm making as well as a new hand graphing tool that charts Holdem as well as Omaha hands, so it will be more accurate adding Omaha games I'm playing since the last chart was getting pretty screwy and not matching up with the deposit amount. Thanks for asking and wishing me luck.

    I'm curious, why does the FTSE seem to move in lock step more so with the Dow than the actual UK economy or even the various EU markets for that matter. It's interesting but I'm curious why the markets here would have any correlation and does this correlation effect investors in such a way that they can pretty much know what stocks to invest in and pull out of in the FTSE because the Dow has already moved in a certain direction (and vise versa).

    ReplyDelete

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.