"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." (Mayer Amschel Rothschild)

"Most people are obsessed with money. Hardly anyone is interested in it."
(Wm. Shakespeare)

Scroll down a bit for posts!

Some Useful Links

FTSE 100 Shares Index (Value) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page
FTSE 100 Shares Index (Graphs) 15 minutes delay. BBC Page


eMail dr.ftse@gmail.com to learn more/how to get started as an Option Trader, or to ask for details of the hugely successful White Knuckle Riders Investment Club (wkr.inv.club@gmail.com) which deals largely in Traded Options, particularly Options in the FTSE 100 Index. The Club's objective is to make 1% PER MONTH for its members.
Since it's inception in August 2000 the Club has paid out £253,000 in profits to members. Members are strongly advised to withdraw accumulated profits regularly; trading options is always riskier than trading in the underlying securities (i.e the 100 companies whose shares make up the so-called 'FTSE 100 Index')


TEAM BLOG Fridge Soup

My Open Option Contracts

(Updated weekly on Friday at close of business, or whenever I re-arrange any of my positions - except I haven't updated them for MONTHS because no one ever reads the blog. See my comments above!)

FTSE INDEX OPTION CONTRACTS
12 x 6850 Short (*) Calls (November 2014 Series)
12 x 6300 Short Puts (November 2014 Series)
Index closed at 6495.6 on 07/10/2014
Expiry on 21st. November 2014

(*) "Short" in the context of option trading means the contracts were opened by selling them.
(**) "Covered" Calls means I have the shares to meet any assignment by the counterparty
(***) "Cash Covered" Puts means I have sufficient cash in my trading account to buy the shares if assigned by the counterparty.


Sunday, 11 October 2009

The Technological Fix strikes again . . .


You will all know by now that NASA recently whacked 2 space vehicles into a crater near the Moon's south pole, hoping that the resulting 6 mile plume of debris would hold evidence of water. Apparently the Moon's south pole is one of the many places in the Solar System where the Sun never shines. Next day . . a BBC announcer or anchor-person or similar technological illiterate announced "That will be good news. It means that the next time astronauts visit the moon, they won't need to take any water with them." As if "visiting the Moon" was a bit like visiting Bognor Regis for the day with your supplies in a hamper in the car boot (trunk) . . . and way-hey! . . . finding a MacDonalds open when you get there! Trouble is . . . there seems to have been very little plume. So on Saturday (10th. October 2009), the "Guardian" reported "One theory is that the impact site was unexpectedly hard." With bated breath, trembling hands and pounding heart, I read on. Was the newspaper article about to suggest that "maybe the water was frozen"? (From time to time I will post more examples of technological barbarians uttering statements from craters where the Sun never shines.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't leave comments on blogs that use Word Verification. Ditto blogs which I know have Comment Moderation applied. Life's too short and I'm too busy makin' money and what the Hell are these people scared of anyway? If you don't like some creep's comment . . TRY DELETING IT! You have that privilege.
And I never read unpunctuated so-called poetry. I don't understand why self-styled poets think it's clever to make their work difficult to read/understand.